Friday, March 29, 2013

Nine to Five

I started with #9 and went on to #5.


I began my 10 day project with #9 - the easiest to complete.

I couldn't find a screw for the clock knob so I used the OPEN knob instead.


 Free - easy - quick.

I used the dish towel I bought last weekend in Santa Barbara as a table runner.

That done, I move on to # 5 - the black bench.


 I love Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

One coat of paint, drying while I worked in the garden, sanding to scuff it up and the bench was back in the living room by the end of lunch.

On a roll, I grabbed #10 and some blue paint I found in the garage.


It was not Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and it was not as easy to work with.

I had to do several coats of paint and I don't like the texture.

But, it is just sitting in the garden so it is fine.

Steve was not back from physical therapy so I moved on to #4.


The table cloth proved to be a bit challenging because the fabric is really not wide enough.

But, I was using the "mistake" fabric from my pillow project so I made do.

#4 turned out to be one of those "domino" projects.

I definitely need to make a long white table cloth to go beneath the print and I need to make blue or red pillows for the chairs.


I even did some work in the garden in between paint jobs.

It will be slow going, but I will work every day.

Victor, my neighbor's gardener, has agree to come next Saturday to help me tackle the jungle.


Started at nine - done by five.

At this rate, I might actually complete my list.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You can find me partying at

Common Ground












16 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy and everything looks great. Love the yellow pansies in the red box. You always put together wonderful vignettes and they just happen to fit my color scheme perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dish towel is gorgeous! And I love the little bench you painted white!!! Good work lady!! Your garden is fantastic!!!! Love all the green and layers of lushness! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will definitely complete all your projects, can't believe how much you got done in one day! Love all the changes you've made, the new tablecloth will be perfect with a white cloth underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carol you are a mover on the projects at this rate you will be done before the beginning of the week!!!!! I love the bench and the flower box adorable. I love the topper to your table too. Ohhhh I wish I could sew. I think a white table cloth under the new table cloth will be perfect. It will be so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful creations, such beautiful colors as well, you are a busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading your list, and seeing sun finally, I was motivated to get to work on my place. I've cleaned, scrubbed and even began repainting my night stand which never quite felt right. I didn't get as much done as you did but I'm happy. I also found more things to purge and send off to find new homes. I love how your projects are coming out, you may be done before Monday arrives. What will you do with the rest of your vacation? Thanks for the kick in the butt to start a list for myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You inspire me with your determination... I'm waiting for the sun to come up so I can go tackle my own jungle. My list is a mile long today. Fresh courage gleaned from your post has my motor revved. Your projects are delightful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mercy... my head is reeling with the thought that so much can be accomplished in such a short amount of time! Impressive! I love the drawer with its new knob.. filled with flowers that enhance the tablescape with its vintage table runner! Delightful and cheery. You must send some of your energy my way as I spend so much time pondering and plotting that I would only accomplish one task to your four! LOL Applause... applause!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter Carol!!
    You come up with the cutest vignettes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol~ I love it all! You get so much done in a day~you always amaze me! Have a great weekend!!! xok

    ReplyDelete
  11. So inspiring! I need to get off this computer and get busy! Everything looks great and I love that tablecloth - the ruffle is just too cute. Thanks for sharing, Carol!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing Carol getting so much done in a day...your garden is pretty special. I love the color of the bench and the tablecloth is so cheerful. I also love that wire basket holding the colorful croquet balls.

    Beautiful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden looks lovely! Can't wait to get out to mine!What a sweet table runner too! Oh yes I am spoiled with AS paint.I don't want to use anything else anymore.Not even my homemade paint LOL!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Carol! You're always such an inspiration to me. I love your projects, and because of your blue bench, I've decided to paint an old bench that I've had for years instead of letting it go "naked" any longer. Your home and yard just makes my heart smile.
    LindaLee from
    CrossN' My Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beauty you have created! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many great projects! Life to the full, Melissa

    ReplyDelete