Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's About Time . . .

I have been looking at Easter and spring decorations on blogs for weeks now.

But, the only "spring" items in my house are flowers -


sweet daffodils and daisies from the market and a few from my garden.

I decided I had better get my act together and show a bit of Easter spirit.

Last night about 11:30, I finally got into the spirit.

I grabbed the little treats I received in a Bunny Swap at Cozy Blanket,


a burlap flowers from Paper Source and


some canvas pennants also from Paper Source.

I used the magnetic letters to trace the letters S P R I N G and colored them in with colored markers.

A little string, some polka dot clothes pins and

VOILA,

I have a spring banner!


Today after volleyball practice, I am heading up to the attic to find a few Easter decorations.

It's about time I got inspired!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You can find me partying at

Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
Creative Cain Cabin - Budget Decorating Party
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
Lavender Garden Cottage - Cottage Style Party
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Elizabeth & Co. - Be Inspired
Cozy Little House - Tweak It Tuesday
Fluster Buster - Fluster Muster Party
Les Chateau de Fleurs - Monday Link Party

22 comments:

  1. I like that idea!! Your letters look like they are from the fisher price schoolhouse...Am I right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did that last night??? WOW! I love it! It is such a fresh display! Isn't it funny when we end up getting inspired...we just have to create! Great job! And I love your fresh flowers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cheerful!

    Have a Happy Easter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your banner and it looks so easy. I am in the same place the only spring around are the flowers inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banner says it all - spring into action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol,
    I am noticing that little bunny with the red heart in the background. It's soooo cute. The daisies are pretty for Easter. They are one of my favorite flowers. It looks like you sprucing up your home with spring decorations.

    Happy Easter,
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol,
    This is so cute. Love it. Have a Happy Easter my friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea to use magnetic letters as stencils! They are the perfect size!

    I haven't done any Easter decorating yet - we usually wait until Holy Saturday to bake our bread and decorate. The kids and Charles go outside and get pussy willows and blueberry branches to force, but Easter is so early this year - we'll see what they can find. We always buy tulips and daffodils to put in vases. I love the color and fragrance after a long, dark, dreary winter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your mantel looks very cute! love the letter magnet idea :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. I like the idea to use the magnetic letters too!
    I haven't done any Easter decorating...
    probably won't.
    I just enjoy the flowers. :)

    Your's looks great!
    I'll get my spring decor "ON" vicariously through you. -- Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm impressed that you'd start such a project so late -- and on a "school night"! The banner turned out great! You are one busy gal, teaching AND coaching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your mantel and using the magnetic numbers is such a cool idea!

    Happy Spring!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful whimsical mantel you put together!! Somehow I never got to the Easter decorations this year. It just crept up so early.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really pretty and great inspiration for spring. Adorable banner.
    Over from Lavender...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Easter decorations with flowers is more than beautiful! Simple details are better and all the scenery in your living room is lovely. I wish you HAPPY EASTER !

    ReplyDelete
  16. How absolutely perfect! I love your cottagey style. I'll tell you the truth, my dream is to live in a cottage. Our home doesn't really reflect that at all. There are rooms in the house I'm making really cottagey. I don't know any friends who decorate that way but I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carol,
    You sound like me, not much in the Easter department for decor. Loving all your colorful flowers they are perfect for Easter and Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I only put out two little bunnies this year .. SO I decided oh well.. I will look at everyones decorations this year and just admire theirs LOL >>SEEMS like it was just Christmas LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Banners always make me smile. I love em. I didn't know Paper Source sold the canvas pennants. thanks for sharing.
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  20. CUTE
    I saw some fabric last nite at guild meeting and it made me think of you and your search.
    It was Michael Miller's Fabric called oo la la I think. It was bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete