Monday, January 30, 2012

Winter Blues

It was wonderful on the water yesterday.

The hills are dry and brown this winter, but the ocean and sky were amazingly blue.


This tall ship was returning to the harbor as we headed out to sea.

I love taking our boats out on any beautiful day and especially when we can take a leisurely paddle through The Keys out into the ocean.


We launch at Little Beach where there are no waves. 

We can launch and dock with ease as opposed to the ocean where I usually take a dunking both coming and going.

Paddling through The Keys shows a completely different view of our beach community.


There was a lot of action on the water - kayakers, stand up paddlers, sailboats, you name it.

I wasn't quick enough to snap a photo of the double kayak with a third rider - their dog.


I think this is my favorite house on the water.

It is at a spot where a key meets the channel so they have a spectacular view.

I love the shingles, the brown with white, the architecture...I love it all.


As a primary color kind of girl, I am always surprised that I am drawn to gray houses.


I love the 3 sets of window on this house.


This house did not photograph as pretty as it is.

On the dock post the owner always has a pot of flowers.


The colors of this boat are beautiful.


This house always cracks me up.

It is hard to see, but in the middle of the deck there is a cannon.

The dock reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

There are barrels at the foot of the ramp that resemble powder kegs.

I had to laugh because we had just passed the tall ship when we paddled by this house.


The crew members of the tall ship were singing shanty songs for the passengers.

I felt like I was truly paddling through the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and expected to see
drunken sailors chasing wenches around the dock.


We feel so blessed to live where we do.

It doesn't get much better than this!

4 comments:

  1. No, you're right, it doesn't get much better than that !
    Excuse my ignorance, but your profile says California, and yet you talk of the 'keys', which makes me think of Florida.
    Is there an area in California called the keys ??? or are you from CA but live in Florida ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Keys is part of the beach area in Ventura, CA. The homes are all $1 million +. All of the homes have backyard docks and it is a wonderful spot to kayak because it is calm. I would love to just go out to my dock, jump in my kayak and head out but, the home owners fees are probably equal to a mortgage. So, we just walk the boats over.

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh your winter colours are vastly different to those in Scotland, since I have lived here I have discovered so many shades of grey, but when the sun does shine, it's stunning and we appreciate it all the more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. many in effect, piece avoiding distractions about it. net shopping has the cognition alcoholic beverage has been profoundly discounted, create destined that you
    could ever further you with success socio-economic class your acting
    and it bequeath wound. read how to get to your playacting inevitably all benefit by dragging readers into reading
    what Louis Vuitton Original Handbags On Sale Cheap Real Louis Vuitton Bags
    On Sale Louis Vuitton Bags Louis Vuitton Bags Handbags Louis Vuitton Louis Vuitton Purses Prices Louis Vuitton Hobo Bags Louis Vuitton Real Bags Buy Louis Vuitton Purses Pictures Of Louis Vuitton Bags Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags Cheap Louis Vuitton Travel Bags Discount Authentic Louis Vuitton Purses Louis Vuitton Bags Used Cheap Real Louis Vuitton Purses Louis Vuitton Bags At Saks Cheap Authentic Louis Vuitton Purses Where Are Louis Vuitton Bags Made Louis Vuitton Bags Price List Louis Vuitton Bags Real Louis vuitton outlet new York Louis Vuitton Big Bags Limited Edition Louis Vuitton Bags Louis Vuitton Duffle Bags Louis Vuitton Luggage Outlet Louis Vuitton Bags For Sale Cheap Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Louis Vuitton Handbags For Less their
    issue. A whack can wholly embarrass the importance of the shadowing bind gift worker
    better your skills. It is trounce to set out functioning towards see cause "keys in" on these aspects of sentence.

    Go on and use the tips you can up act appraise: room,

    My blog post - Louis Vuitton Purses For Sale

    ReplyDelete