Monday, January 16, 2012

My Word of the Year

Between the Big Picture Class I just registered for and Layla over at The Lettered Cottage, I am compelled to find my Word of the Year.

I considered

DREAM

BLOOM

LIVE

and countless others, but when I thought about what I really needed to do this year, I realized that I simply need to


I have reached a point in my life where I actually have my act together.

I need to

CONTINUE

what I am doing because I feel that I've got it right.

I take on too much

working full time as a teacher
speaking at conferences
teaching a night class
coaching volleyball

I rarely say no.

But, I keep it in balance and have learned not to stress because I always get it done and I know I will

CONTINUE

to do so.

We have our financial life in order.

I have everything I could want.

I have learned to moderate my spending not because I can't afford things, but because I have come to the realization that I don't really need a lot.

Living in a small house has taught me to buy only what I truly need or love.

I will

CONTINUE

to spend and save wisely.

I have my physical fitness regimen down.

We walk on the beach EVERY morning unless it is raining -
 even if it is cold!

We play tennis on the weekends.

We kayak when the ocean is calm.

We cycle regularly and sometimes I ride to work.

I walk at least 15,000 steps daily.

I will

CONTINUE

to exercise regularly.

I love to create.

I love making cards, books and gifts for myself and friends.

I try to do something creative every day.

I am a life long learner.

I read, discover and continue to grow as an both an educator and a student.

I take art classes.

I will

 CONTINUE

to challenge my brain and my heart.

I love my life:
 my family
my home
my work

I know I am going in the right direction so all I need to do is

on my present path.



2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love your word, and I hope life continues to go wonderful for you!

    I have posted about my word of the year on my own blog if you would like to read about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by my new blog. I am having fun with it and enjoy the few comments I have received

    I like your word, EMERGE. Emerging is continual. Enjoy your emergence!

    ReplyDelete