Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Off To A Good Start

I am determined to be more creative in 2013.

All I wanted to do yesterday was make a book.

After our morning walk on the beach and a very cold bike ride, I told Steve I wanted to play in the studio.

He was working on a commission so we worked side by side in the studio listening to the music and being creative.

I began a little book in July.


That was the same time I made my slipcovers and after finishing them, I didn't get much else accomplished before school started.

I tried to work on the book in December after Steve let me carve out a little space in his studio, but Christmas took over.

Finally yesterday, I finished the little book.


It feels like forever since I just sat and played with all of my supplies.

It was fun picking papers, quotes, and embellishments.





I have no idea what I will do with the book.

I usually make blank journals as gifts, but one of my 2013 plans is to start an Etsy shop.

Do I paint and sell handmade pillows?


Do I sell handmade books?


Or, do I just continue to create just for the sake of creating and give everything away as gifts? 

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

In the meantime, I signed up for the Bungalow Bling Heart Swap.

I'm just waiting for further details.

I also just joined
VICKI'S "GROW YOUR BLOG" EVENT!

to force me to be creative.

No matter what, I'm off to a good start in 2013.
....................................................................

I am linked up at

Cupcakes and Crinoline - It's Time to Party

Fluster Buster - Fluster Muster Party

Embracing Change - Creative Inspiration Linky Party

The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday

Twigg Studio - Sunday Showoff Linky Party

11 comments:

  1. your pillows and journals are gorgeous!
    wishing you a happy, creative year.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, for starting off the year making something! I am determined to make something every day, even if it's only dinner. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a great comment---I see we follow some of the same blogs, so I am going to follow you now, and you will let me know when you find me a house on the water. (I grew up on the water; I am determined to die there.)Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is lovely - all the best for a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had an etsy shop for two years but never posted anything. I am trying to deicde as well....do I want to open it or just make things for gift giving. Love your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your books are fabulous!! You could teach a class on creativity!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can totally sell on Etsy and give a few away as gifts! The book is wonderful! All the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with My Garden Diaries - give a few away as gifts ( great advertising ) and sell on Etsy - having said that I keep saying I will set up shop and still haven't lol
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi carol~Happy New Year!! I can't imagine you being more creative~you are THE most creative person I know!!! I think you should set up an ETSY shop~then you will see the rewards from all your creativity...xoxo kathee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your journals. Could you please come by and share them with my friends at:
    http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/01/fluster-muster-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is beautiful! Love your blog, too! Your newest follower from the Fluster Buster linky party! :)

    Kathy @ www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty journal! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete