Saturday, March 24, 2012

By The Sea, By The Sea, By The Beautiful Sea

"By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea! 
You and me, you and me, oh how happy we'll be!"

The lyrics pretty much sum up my life.

I coached my team in a volleyball tournament this 
morning (we won!), 
but I missed our usual morning walk
in order to get to the tournament on time.

After the tournament I ran errands and came 
home to find Steve in the back yard 
eating lunch and basking in the sun.

Rain, and lots of it, is expected tomorrow 
so we decided that any "house" projects 
could be taken care of while we are housebound.


We debated the merits of kayaking or cycling 
and settled on a bike ride along the beach.


Due to rain, illness, and a conference, 
I don't think I have been on my bike in March.

And, I felt it!


I love our pier


and the promenade lined with palm trees


and the islands in the background.


We rode along the railroad tracks to Emma Wood


which was filling up with families on spring break.


This part of our trail is actually the original 
Pacific Coast Highway and I remember 
driving on it as a child going
to visit family in Santa Barbara.


Altogether we rode about 12 miles.

A pretty spectacular ride.

And a beautiful way to spend the afternoon - 
by the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!

4 comments:

  1. Yep, absolutely idyllic !
    You should link up some of these posts as well Carol - people love to see where and how others live.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind linking up, but how do I find link parties for posts such as this. I am doing a weekly link up of vintage finds and have linked up on specifics. Any ideas of fun link ups for me?

      Delete
  2. Ahhh.... takes me home. And thanks for posting a song I don't mind humming all day.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know in Minnesota it would be "by the lake, by the lake, by the beautiful lake". I can't remember the name of the lake and cute town we visited on one of our Waconia vacations. I think it was something like Excelsior. It was early July and the lake was sparkling blue and filled with wind surfers.

      Delete