Monday, July 30, 2012

A Constant State of Change


It is amazing the difference the new slipcovers  made in the living room.

Going from floral to white brightens up the room and calls for more white.

I went up in the attic this morning to see if there was anything white to be had - shopping at home saves money!

I found the sewing machine cover from my grandmother's old treadle sewing machine.

The base of the treadle machine sits next to the sofa.


I replaced the wood notions chest that has been there for awhile with the wood cover.


I used some of the same items for the vignette, but decided that a little visit to American Home and Garden was in order.

My blog friend Kathee who writes Chateau et Jardin has a space at AHG and she was in the shop today.

Her little area of AHG is so welcoming and it is hard to decide what to buy.


I have a major plan for my garden that involves moving an old bench under the tree and decorating it just like this bench.


I love the old scale, but I don't have a place for it.

I will gather up some of my old keys to add to a vignette.


The spool with red, yellow and blue chipped paint drew my eye, but I didn't plan on buying it.

Kathee made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I ended up with these little lovelies.


And, I snapped a few pics for ideas and wish list items.


I have so many old baskets in the attic - I must do this with one of the them.


My shoulders and back are still aching from bending over my sewing machine.

You can't tell in this photo, but the height of this table would be perfect for sewing without bending over.


I must make some of these number tags!

Back at home, I finished moving things around a bit.


The fleur de lis provided just a little added height to the scale.


The little white pedestal bowl was filled with letters and added another touch of white to the vignette.


I am happy with the little change.


My neighbor Judy thinks I should add a yellow stripe down the length of the red bench.

It is worth a try.

If I don't like it, it is easy enough to go back to all red or make a move to all yellow.

Tomorrow we have an appointment out of town and I have coerced Steve into leaving a little early so we can stop by Bungalow Antiques Shop to pick up some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

It will be just a quick trip into the store for yellow and white paint.


I wasn't sure what color I wanted to paint this cabinet - most readers suggested white - but I was favoring red like this beautiful cabinet painted by Kim at Savvy Southern Style.

The white slipcovers sold me on white for the cabinet.

I have less than 2 weeks until school begins so I have to get busy.

Will I ever stop changing things around?

No - things will forever be in a state of change.

..........................
I am linked up at Faded Charm - White Wednesday

I am linked up at The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday

7 comments:

  1. Love the white slips and your cute colorful pillows. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cottage with its beautiful windows and quaint features. The changes are all so fun and your trip out shopping landed you some more lovelies. Looks like you have lots of fun doing and redoing. I've been reading back through your posts and am having fun seeing what you've been up to. I'm now following. Hope you'll come back by Quirky Vistas and do the same if you like! PS:Thanks for your kind comment on my blog about junking with me! I bet we'd have a blast!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your slipcovers fit so good, are they custom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cottage is just beautiful! I love the slipcovers, and yes, a yellow stripe on the bench would look fab : o )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol you sweetie~thank you for the mention of AH&G~we love our customers! I love what you did with your new treasures~The room looks amazing~
    I can't believe how fast your vacation is going..but I'm so impressed how much you have accomplished! Wish I could say the same~
    HUGS girlie
    xoxokathee
    P S if you stop at Bungalow say hello to my friend Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady.
    I just love your Beautiful Cottage, you did a great job putting this all together! I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape. I also hope you and your family have a wonderful week... I will be putting a new tablescape on this Satday hope you will come see me.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the slipcovers look fabulous. Bet you are glad they are done. That's the way I always feel after a big sewing project.

    ReplyDelete