Sunday, May 5, 2013

I'm loving what I am seeing . . .


Last week I joined Mosaic Monday at Little Red House.

I wanted to join in again this week because of the amazing mosaics, wonderful blogs and bloggers I discovered and the challenge of creating mosaics.

But, what will I share?

Yesterday, I posted about sprucing up our guest room, but it doesn't seem Mosaic Monday worthy.

I redid the mantel, but I am not loving what I am seeing - it still needs tweaking and maybe even a complete redo.

Last week I shared my bike basket full of flowers after a ride along the beach, but the weather is not cooperating today.

We are expecting company and I spent the morning sprucing things up - replacing flowers throughout the house, changing the linens and planting flowers in the garden. . .  

As I took a look around before our guests arrived, I decided I was loving what I was seeing.


Sweet yellow flowers from my students.

Garden flowers in a long forgotten blue and white teacup.

More garden flowers in a heart shaped wire basket I won in a Giveaway from Primp.


Weeds I cut and added to a pitcher on my favorite green chair.

Red roses from the garden on the windowsill.

A blue teapot in the entryway cupboard.


My magnetic calendar set for May and marked with KC's birthday.


Flowers my former students presented to me at an awards night Wednesday

atop a sweet runner I purchased at the flea market last year.


Vintage beach pails filled with shells.


A fresh new vignette in the guest room.

Number sticks I brought in from the garage and added to a bottle.

More flowers from the garden to replace the lavender I planted.

Lots of fresh flowers.

Lots of color.

All ready for company.

. . . . . . . . . . . . 

You can find me at 

The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday

Little Red House  - Mosaic Monday

Boogieboard Cottage  - Masterpiece Monday

28 comments:

  1. The flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!! The colors pop in your photos!! I would say you are definitely ready for company!!! Your home looks so warm and inviting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all! Seriously, I love your style and the burst of color everywhere! Simply gorgeous and so much character! I wish I was your company! Those number sticks are awesome....I must find some of those! Have a blessed week...:)

    Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun mosaics! Little Red House was the first blog I ever visited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving what I am seeing. Carol so pretty. Love that calendar. Your company will be impressed. Beautiful colors.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you're loving what you're seeing - the colours are so very beautiful.
    I had to smile at the paint job on the little chest holding the beach pails - the stripes are just like those on a Hudson's Bay point blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers and vignettes are beautiful. I love all the colors, so bright and cheery. Have a happy day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful and fun! (So much better than all the neutrals I'm seeing right now.) I wish I could get jazzed about decorating for the summer, but it's so cold and rainy I just can't get excited about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a cheerful home! I love all the color. I love the striped chest -- well, I really like it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats up аre usіng Wordpress foг your
    ѕitе рlatfοrm? I'm new to the blog world but I'm
    trуing to get staгtеԁ and ѕеt up my own.

    Do уou nеed any html coding еxpertise tο make your own blog?
    Anу helρ would be greаtly аppreciated!


    Visit mу web site :: hcg diet forum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome mosaic, awesome pictures, I just love all your colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it ! Your colors are so pretty! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol - I am totally and completely (redundant, I know!) in love with those vintage pails with the sea shells inside. All your photos are wonderful, but I keep returning to those adorable pails! What a wonderful addition to a beach cottage and your mosaics are definitely created with an artist's eye, just like your entire home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carol, I love your mosaic and all the beautiful flowers you bought into the house or were given. What tool did you use for the mosaic? Those beach pails too look great full of shells!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I love your home - it's so colorful and you have amazing light! Great mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol, thanks for stopping in and leaving a sweet comment on my blog! I just love your cheery colors and your magnetic calender, what a sweet idea, I might have to make me one!!!
    Have a great week!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Happy, so cheerful, wonderful light and happiness!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the color and touches of whimsy! Did you make that magnetic calendar? It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty flowers and vignettes. I am really into twill tape and the yellow twill tape caught my eye - love it! Hope you enjoyed your company! And you only have a few more weeks of working!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mix of color is always so perky! I think it's because you use white too. Love the blue stripe you have on your guest sofa. Lucky guests! Have fun! It must be gorgeous for you there now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your mosaics, and congrats on your up coming retirement. You will love being retired. I'm so happy I was able to inspire you. I love to have fun with my blog and I think you are having fun with your blog too. Thanks for visiting.
    xo
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just so pretty and bright! Love to see your mosaics and all the flowers!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Carol,

    Happy to discover your blog and many thanks for visiting me.
    Your Mosaic photos are lovely and what a great idea the magnetic calender is.

    Happy day
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how colorful and cheerful your place is! Especially when it's rainy and dreary here!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your guests received quite a welcome! Everything is so colorful and lighthearted. I'm sure all of your Mosaic Monday friends loved what they saw as well. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment on my May Day tussie mussie post.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  25. You just happened to have sweet little number sticks in your garage? I have to start thinking outside the box. Love all of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well it is all lovely! :)

    AND lol, I just post to Mosaic Monday most weeks with one hand over one eye as I can't even compare with the photography in many of the links, including the hostess, of course. But I've told her that, she knows it, and I still post anyway :) In the end we all do this for fun / never forget that! :)

    ReplyDelete