Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hunting for Annie Sloan



It is fall break and I am off of school for the week.

We usually go away to experience of beauty of fall in other parts of the country.

In 2010 we were here.

walking across the Brooklyn Bridge

In 2011 we were here.

Sandpiper Inn  - Carmel
Hotel Les Mars - Healdsburg

But, I am tired from a strenuous first quarter and I want to be at home.

So, 2012 finds us at home enjoying sunny days on the beach.


We took our usual morning walk, but I allowed myself to sleep in so we were not on the beach at 6:30 a.m.

We sat to watch surfers and birds enjoy the water and talk about our plans for the day.

I needed to pick up some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Antibes Green, but the closest distributor is 35 miles away.

We turned it into a much longer drive by putting the top down and winding our way along Pacific Coast Highway.

Steve was zipping along the curvy road while I was trying to catch the beauty with his camera.



We finally ended up at Bungalow in Agoura.


There are quite a few antique shops in this little mall, but I don't make it down there very often.


I knew right where to find the ASCP and they had my green.


I wasn't planning to buy anything because Steve hates to shop and we were in his little car.

But, I took a few minutes to stroll through the store.

A great metal calendar.


And, a fun Halloween display.


I wish I had a place for one of these industrial tables.



I collect hands, but they were both a lot more than I usually spend.


I could kick myself for ever giving away my antique sewing machine.

We just didn't have space when we downsized to our little cottage.


I love these journals and am adding them to my Christmas wish list.


Back at home, I still had time to use the Antibes Green paint

I want to add some touches before I show off my green bench.

A relaxing way to spend a vacation day.

And I still have 4 more!

6 comments:

  1. A drive along Pacific Highway sounds so wonderful to me. My niece lives in Huntington Beach and says they often take drives. If I ever win the lotto I want to move to California and buy a little cottage there. Love the pix from the visit to the antique store and favorite items are the journals and metal desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a gorgeous drive! Have you used ASP before? I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to travel to those great destinations you have been, but I know sometimes being at home is what makes me the happiest! Living in California would be like vacation time year round! Beautiful!
    Those journals and the metal calendar are my faves. I'm looking forward to see that green bench!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beach looks so lovely, and a great place to spend a fall break. I enjoyed coming with you down the Pacific Cost Highway and looking in those great antique shops. My favourite was the metal calender too.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like another idyllic day, and thanks for the pics of that gorgeous shop, I love 'shop tours' (have you shown us it before - I think I'd always be in there !).

    ReplyDelete