Monday, April 9, 2012

It's A Jungle Out There

"God almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures."
-- Francis Bacon

My back garden is finally happy with me.

With illness, travel, work and weather, I had not spent any time in my garden in over a month.

And, it showed.

I am too ashamed to show any photos of how bad it actually looked.

I spent three days in the jungle and have tamed it somewhat.

Actually, only about one half of the yard is done, but I am happy with what I accomplished.


I planted several shasta daisies, cosmos, pansies and gerbera daisies.


I moved this little wire edging from the side yard to the back.


I bought the cow jumping over the moon last spring in Laguna Beach.

A high school friend was visiting from France so five of us got together for a night of reminiscing.

We shopped the next day and I bought some garden art to make me think of my 
 friends when I garden.


Just before we left for skiing, our neighbor's gardener asked if we wanted him to trim our side of the ivy wall.

It took him minutes to trim the ivy which was touching the roof our our house.

I would still be clipping the ivy by hand.


I created this little bit of garden art with bits and pieces of things that I probably would have tossed a few years ago.

The old school chair is falling apart, but sitting in the garden it looks fine.


I ran out of flowers to plant right at the simplify sign.


Steve bought me the frog on a business trip to Mexico just after we moved in.


The weather is finally nice enough for us to start eating outside again.

In the summer we eat lunch and dinner at this table I bought at American Home & Garden.

The chairs were a gift from a friend who left the beach and moved to the mountains.


And now, it is time to sit in my garden and read while the birds and butterflies do their work.

5 comments:

  1. Your garden is gorgeous! I love the cow and the moon! So cute. My favorite part are those stone pavers with grass growing around them. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pavers were there before we moved in, but there was gravel between them. Until I got out in the garden, it was weeds growing between them. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Carol,
    I'm affraid my garden is a jungle too...Haven't had time to tackle it yet. I suppose I should get to it soon before it gets way too out of hand...Hee, hee, hee. Your garden looks just lovely. Very sunny, and inviting. Thank you for sharing oh and thank you for stopping by for a visit and becoming a follower. Hope you come and visit again soon. Wishing you an awesome new week.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking good!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden, so cute. Is that a ground cover between your walkway? Love it....

    ReplyDelete