Monday, January 21, 2019

Keeping It Cozy

Welcome to the Cozy Winter Homes Blog Hop hosted by Amber of Follow the Yellow Brick Home.


If you're following along in order, then you were just at Decor to Adore


Laura has such a great style.


This is a typical January view in my neck of the woods so I had to look back at old posts to see what I usually do to make our house cozy after Christmas.


For January, the common theme over the last 7 years of blogging was flowers.


Be they fresh, faux or dried - flowers appear in every room so come on in and check out my winter flower displays.


You might question my use of these particular faux flowers for winter,


but presently both blue and yellow flowers are growing in our garden.


 Flowers brighten up the white entry -


 tulips and chamomile are a perfect touch


as are dried roses.


I am constantly changing up the flowers on the dining room table - these are from the garden.


But garden flowers are limited this time of year


so weekly visits to Trader Joe's provide lovely colorful blooms for the dining room.


Like the entry, the kitchen is mostly white and flowers add the perfect bit of color.


Chamomile fills a fun pitcher on the kitchen counter


and garden flowers dress up the kitchen shelves.


 Flowers appear throughout the guest room - on the shelves, on the nightstand and even in the pattern of the new bedspread.


My grandmother's rocker sports a teapot full of faux greenery


and dried roses adorn a little dresser.


Faux hydrangeas are perfect next to our bed.


Dried roses and greenery appear in the hallway.


If you are new to Art and Sand, you might not know that my husband is an artist and our home is his gallery.


This cozy spot on the sofa has been lovely on the cold days we have actually had this winter, but my fern was not thriving sitting right beneath the heater vent


so I replaced it with more faux hydrangeas.


The fern now sits atop one of my father's old tool boxes.


As you can see, it's a lovely day so let's head outside to see how I've cozied up the garden.


Fresh flowers from the garden sit atop a table on the porch.


A visit to the nursery filled up Steve's wheelbarrow and I have my work cut out for me in the garden this week.


And now I'll send you off to visit Cecilia of My Thrift Store Addiction.


I hope you enjoy all the other blogs on the hop.

31 comments:

  1. Such a delightful post....just seeing all the great photos of your flowers warms my soul. Your house and all that's in it is sooo stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Carol, I love how you style your charming cottage. I could get used to your winter! Happy to be joining you on the hop! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are perfect with your classic vintage style making your home bright and cheerful. Love being on the blog hop with you Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the sort of winter weather you have Carol! And you are so right. Flowers make it all better no matter what time of year. Love that new bedspread too. It's all so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol your home is so bright and cheery. I love your touches and how you style your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed this post. Your home is so nice and I love the way you brighten it up with all the flowers. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like nothing better than to roll up my sleeves and help you this week in your beautiful and sunny garden. As always a delightful post.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as always Carol. All your flowers add so much and happiness. Love the chamomile.

    You have much to plant in the wheelbarrow. Have fun

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just loved seeing more of your eclectic, charming cottage, Carol!I love how your color saturated accents pop against all the bright white; so perfect for your seaside location! Nice to see a different winter canvas than subzero here in MN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol,
    Lovely!
    Your white ironstone display on the Kitchen shelves had me swooning!
    No flowers here on the Prairie this time of year,
    but you have filled me with inspiring ideas to use come Spring!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always decorate so beautifully with flowers. I don't have any in my home right now as we're in the depths of winter (frigid cold, snow, sleet)...they just don't really go with winter decor! I start buying flowers again at TJ's around March. I love when they get their tulips for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful that you are able to enjoy flowers from your yard all winter. I loved seeing all of your arrangements around your home and especially loved seeing your husband's artwork. He is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how I love your beautiful and charming cottage. Who wouldn't be happy in this pretty home. Your photos are magnificent!!

    Your flowers made me so happy. I would love to be in your garden. So heavenly and bright! Swooning over your home!


    Janet
    Rosemary & Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always Carol, I swoon over everything in and around your adorable cottage. The only flowers I currently have are all faux or dried. It's too cold to even buy them from TJ's. Just walking from the store to my car would not be too good for them. As soon as it starts warming up a tad or more, I'll be heading to TJ's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing al your floral arrangements! My favorite one is the chamomile in the blue polka dot pitcher. Chamomile flowers are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carol,
    You are a girl after my own heart. I love flowers so much and all of your flowers inside and out are gorgeous. So envious you can have flowers outside. We have 12 inches of snow and frigid temps this week. More snow tomorrow. Just praying these next few months go quickly.
    Have a good week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of your flowers are so pretty Carol... Just perfect for brightening up our days. It was cold and windy here today in the AZ mountains today. I enjoyed the tour of your home. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a delightful post this was Carol! My heart fills happy and uplifted just seeing all of the color in each of your cozy rooms. Your dried roses are so exquisite! I am working on some dried roses wreaths for Valentine's Day and I love how you have combined yours with eucalyptus.

    Thank you so much for joining our hop! I hope you have a cozy winter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that little bird, how cute is that! And Miss Lulu, looking like a giant chocolate muffin.

    You are rockin' January, Carol, a difficult month for a lot of us to make something pretty from!

    Wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carol, you inspire me ! You are so creative . Love all the beautiful pictures . Everything speaks life into winter . Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've put together some lovely flower arrangements and the new bedspread looks cozy in the guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carol, that is what is so great about California. When we lived in Santa Cruz we had pretty flowers all year long. Your's are just beautiful and add such brightness to winter time. I am enjoying visiting the link party..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet Carol, I always love a visit to your beautiful cottage. It is cold and dreary here in Oklahoma, and your lovely post puts a smile on my face. I adore flowers, and you have created some pretty vignettes. It is always fun touring with you! Enjoy your week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh your winter view is so much better than mine. I think I'll just hang out here for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So refreshing, Carol! This time of year here in WV, like so many other places, is so gray, so dirty, so depressing. Yours is like springtime most always!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carol, I’ve never seen so many beautiful flower arrangements in one home. How wonderful to be surrounded by such pretty colors to brighten any winter day. You’ve done a wonderful job of styling both the real and the faux. Can’t tell them apart. Thanks you for bringing some sunshine and beauty to your winter decor and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You certainly have a wonderful way with flowers! It's so true, use whatever colors you'd like to brighten a winter's day no matter where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can hardly tell the faux flowers from the real. Your home is so lovely with so many blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many beautiful touches!! I adore all the flowers that you use! Flowers make everything so bright and happy!! You have such a beautiful style, my friend!!!
    ~Emily @ lecultivateur.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've just popped over from Connie's place at Crafty Home Cottage.
    I love all your home decorations and flowers everywhere. That guest room bedspread is gorgeous! Lovely to visit you here!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG !!!LOVE!LOVE!LOVE. All your decor!!!! So cozy !!

    ReplyDelete