Friday, October 12, 2018

. . . and then I screamed!


In December 2014, when Steve asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I shocked him by saying, "a house".


I showed him my Pinterest page on garden houses and he surprised me by actually having a house built - you can read about it here.


I am constantly playing around with the interior of my little 4'x6' shed striving for the right balance of fun, storage and a place to sit.


I began following @sheshedliving on Instagram for inspiration and I would often send Erika Kotite, the author of, She Shed . . . a room of your own, pics of cute She Sheds.


Fast forward to a week ago when the mailman delivered an unexpected package and inside was a copy of She Sheds Style, Erika's latest book.


I began flipping through the pages of the book and then I screamed


 because there was a picture of my little shed right there on a page in the book.


You see, I was not expecting my house to be included - Erika had not mentioned it.


In September 2017, Erika sent the sweetest photographer, Rebecca Ittner, to our house to photograph my She Shed and I knew from past experiences that it's a long time between a photo shoot and a publication.


In July, Erika sent me a copy of her new calendar, She Sheds 2019, with my little shed featured for the month of July.


So I was totally surprised, and yes, I really did scream, when I saw my little shed on page 93 and again on page 121.


What an unexpected and thrilling moment to see my She Shed there on the pages of a book.


It may be the size of a phone booth (really dated myself there) and there is no enormous chair, but my little room suits me just fine.

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   

And now for a little bit of housekeeping - just wanted to let you know that the winner of the tote bag


from the giveaway on my 26 Miles post is BJ of BJ's Sweet Nothings.

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   


Share Your Cup - Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

22 comments:

  1. CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is THAT to be in a book and you didn't even realize it would happen! What an honor to be recognized for your styling efforts and Steve's gift to you. Bravo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and what a wonderful surprise for you being in that great book. Your shed is adorable and a wonderful gift from Steve to you.

    Happy Autumn ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun, congratulations! I just received a copy of Sue Whitney's new book (Junky Style She Sheds) but I haven't seen the one you are featured in yet!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I am so happy that BJ won your pretty bag. I think she is a lovely person. I love your little shed and now it's in the She Sheds Style book. Wonderful. It is so cute too. Congrats on that, and the calendar.. Blessings to you , xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that is so absolutely fantastic and such a well-earned honor! Love the calendar and the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! I love your She Shed and then to be in a book and on a calendar! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your She Shed is adorable. What an honor to be in the book and on the calendar. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Sweet BJ! AND congratulations to YOU!!! Your little she shed is so cute! It deserves recognition! I love how you dated yourself by saying it's the size of a phone booth. Instead call it a tardis and the millennials will think you're cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you ...and BJ! (she is darling!) Your she shed is absolutley adorable - and you deserve to be "published"!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything you do should be in a magazine !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's definitely something to scream about! Congrats to you dear friend!! I wouldn't know how to act. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun!! Of course, not at all surprising. You have an artist's eye and a designer's touch. Your work (home/ shed) deserves to be in print! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I might have screamed a little, too. What a sweet surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great surprise Carol. How fun to find out your she shed was published. Sooooo excited for you. Congrats.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Carol, on the publishing. How fun to see your shed in print, but nothing could top having it to enjoy everyday, right?
    Congrats to BJ too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Carol! That is wonderful news! I will have to get myself a copy of that book. You really deserve an entire book devoted to your beautiful home and garden.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so agree with TERRY, above, that your entire house and gardens should be in a magazine. Congratulations for having your adorable she shed published. And I am over the moon about winning this tote. Thank you so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your she shed! And congrats on having it published. I love your wonderful cottage-y yard too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful that your she shed is there for all to view! Your cottage and yard are lovely, and I'm always happy to spend more time than I like to admit just enjoying your home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carol, what a great surprise and such an honor. Your little shed is really so cute and such a great place to spend some you-time. I love the colors you have painted it and with your beautiful garden surround, it is just perfect. Congratulations to bj for winning that pretty tote..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a thrilling surprise for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete