Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Curb Appeal

Just before Steve's surgery we took a drive in his little sports car.

It might be months before he drives at all, much less a stick shift.

We left the beach and headed for the hills.


Ojai is where we go - 12 miles inland - when it is overcast at the beach.

It was not so sunny in Ojai, but it is always fun to walk around the picturesque little village.

If you saw the movie, Easy A, it was filmed and took place in Ojai.

What I love about Ojai is the simple downtown filled with fun little shops, art galleries and restaurants.

One of my Pinterest boards is titled Curb Appeal and I have several shop fronts pinned in addition to cute houses.

The main street of Ojai definitely has "curb appeal".


We love to walk along the arcade just across the street from the iconic post office tower.

Steve's favorite is Rains, an old fashioned department store where you can find stylish clothes and at the same time pick up a toaster, garden hose or fun house decor.

I love the buildings twisted with greenery.


And buildings all along the main street decorated with stonework.


How fun that this restaurant had a giant chalkboard decorated for Valentine's Day.


And I love the touch of green on the tan door of the Ojai Vineyard.


It wasn't a day for sitting outside, but I can see us riding our bikes up to Ojai in the summer to sit and eat lunch at that red bistro table.

I have just decided that I need to go back to buy this sweet little piece.


I was walking around snapping photos and didn't really notice this sweet heart shaped welcome sign until I edited the photos.


We often ride our bikes to Ojai, but we have never ridden horses or taken a ride on the Ojai Trolley.

Steve will be limited to walking for the first few months- no tennis, kayaking, surfing, etc.

I see a lot of Ojai Valley hikes in our future.

. . . . . . . . . . .

You can find me partying at

The Tablescaper - Oh, the PLACES I've Been


21 comments:

  1. Love that curb appeal! I want to paint one of our kitchen walls with chalkboard paint...not sure if the Mr. will go for it! Ha! The building with the greenery is my favorite! Thanks for taking us along on the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the little tour of Ojai. I didn't realize there was actually a little downtown area there. We camped at a lake near there years ago but have never gone into Ojai enough to see the town. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming little town. Those store fronts are so inviting covered in stone and ivy. I'm sure Steve will be well healed in time for you to take that bike trip this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow. I love that little town. How adorable. I have never been there! So many places in California I still can discover and explore!! I love the shop covered in vines! I hope Steve is feeling better soon!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little town! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ojai, though I've only driven through it a couple of times while on vacation. It's so charming.

    I also like Solvang, north of Santa Barbara.

    Julian is cute too, east of San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect post, perfect day! Love that quaint village. I would love to have a small shoppe in a town similar to that, love that blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That town is really a neat place. I'd love to visit it one day. Maybe when I retire in about 5-6 years from now. Of course then I have to figure our if I can afford it. Catch 22 - retire and have the time but then money becomes an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OmGOODNESS I want to go there. Thanks for taking there in your pictures.. felt like I went for a visit.. Just love it all and your post as always ...............Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  10. This town looks so sweet and fun. Glad you enjoyed your trip there.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you following Brooke of Velvet & Linen? They are building their home there- just lovely! The shops are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing that trip, what a gorgeous looking village, would love a day mooching about there,think I am going to pinch the cobble wall idea for somewhere in my garden.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty village it looks as if it has such character and a good place to shop and eat.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat village. I love all the colors, and plants everywhere!! You are so blessed to live where you do. I would love to live by the sea.
    I scrolled through your previous posts, too.
    What a great blog you have!
    I enjoyed my visit.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love places like that. How nice for you that it is not too far away. Love the pictures you took.

    I hope Steve's recovery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol,
    Great little spot to visit!!!
    Loved seeing the business fronts, trolley car and the man on horseback!!!
    Those little bird napkin rings were purchased in a unique Antique Shop
    in Fort Scott, Kansas tow Springs ago. You might check World Market.
    Thanks for your sweet comment and visit today!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ojai is a charming little town. I haven't been there in years, but your photos look just exactly like I remember it. Thanks for sharing and reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful place. Praying Steves surgery goes well. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a great get away place. Thanks for the peek. Hope all goes well with Steve's surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful place. As Sarah said, a great get away place.

    Thank you so much for sharing at "Oh, the PLACES I've been!"

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete