Thursday, July 11, 2013

Work . . . Work . . . Work


After the first 30 days of retirement spent being creative, I spent the last several days cleaning and organizing.

It all needs to be done, but creating is much more fun.

This morning I opted for a little creativity before I got to work.


Yesterday I found this white fabric with red stripes when I was at Jo Ann's looking for white eyelet - didn't find the eyelet fabric.

And, on Monday the red and white polka dot flatware arrived.

One of the things I love most about blogging is the wonderful people you meet.

Manuela of A Cultivated Nest and Vicky of Life on Willie Mae Lane both sent me links to flatware when I mentioned I was looking for something with a fun pattern.


It literally took about 5 minutes to hem the ends of the table runner (the edges were already finished) and put it on the table.


I didn't want too much red so I chose blue and white dishes.

I added white napkins with ruffles that I made last summer and daisies from the garden.

The table is all ready for whatever beautiful and tasty concoction Steve serves up tonight.


I love the polka dots and want to see them out so I put all of my colorful flatware into pitchers.

They are in the entryway cabinet- which I still have not decided what color to paint - and make me smile.

Now, I have to get to work.

Steve is hanging an art show tomorrow morning and I need to make labels for 15 paintings.

I can't really complain because the main space I have been cleaning and organizing is my creative space and it is almost ready for the Where Bloggers Create party tomorrow at My Desert Cottage.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I should be working, but you can find me at these fun parties

Lavender Garden Cottage - Cottage Style Party

The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home

Green Willow Pond - What We Accomplished Wednesday

Made in a Day - Made U Look Linky

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson - Share Your Cup Thursday

23 comments:

  1. Your table looks very cheerful with the polka dots and red and blue colors. You are off to a great start in retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen. So cute! You are getting so much done,my friend. I need to get busy!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love visiting your cute cute colorful cottage. Say that three times fast! Wow party.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me wish I was closer to JoAnn's fabric! I love the white with red stripes! Your new flatware is adorable, too! You are having fun my friend! Can't wait to see what you have for tomorrow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your idea of showcasing the flatware in the colored pitchers. So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cheeriness of your home. Such a happy place...I bet no one is ever grouchy when in your darling cottage. :-))
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. That just makes me smile real wide. So very cute and I LOVE the polka dots and the runner- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and cheerfulness of your home...and the polka dot silverware is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that flatware! Ours is just a conglomeration - nothing matches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so cheery and creative!
    I love your table, I love your flatware too!
    Beautifully done,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the polka dot flatware...and that table runner is awesome! Can't wait to see your creative space! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the polka dots and the table runner! Just bright and pretty on this wonderful summer day1

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's your sweet polka dotted flatware! So cute! I love that you displayed them in the pitcher. What a super idea and so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not sure you understood clearly the concept of retirement!!! I love all the red accents. And polka dots are a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Thanks so much for the shout out Carol! I appreciate it so much...:) I'm glad I was able to help you out and I'm so happy you ordered the flatware! It looks absolutely adorable in the white pitcher grouped with the other pitchers and flatware. Your photos are always so cheerful! I just love your decor!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. CUTE table-setting! So colorful, bright, and cheery~ even the chairs match the dinnerware!
    Enjoy!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage (http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I LOVE your blog! I am a beach-lover also and live in a cottage on a lake. Following you on Bloglovin'. Would love you to stop by my blog and visit, too!
      Ann

      Delete
  17. I love the colour in this area. It really is just so cheerfully pretty and must make you smile. The window is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got your art today!!! AWESOME!!!! love them the moving hands are great...are you on Face Book? Look up Happy art Swap...and request to be let in....and you can see all the pics. THANKS a million for the book cover!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! will turn it into a journal one day:):) Hugs- Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your table looks so lovely and summery and I love your flatware in the jugs, much better than hiding them away in drawers! Have a wonderful week. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Polka dots. One of my favorite things. Your table looks so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your polka dot flatware. Too cute!
    Your Kitchen well actually your whole home seems so inviting and cheery.

    ReplyDelete