Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Outdoor Living

I am happy to once again be joining a fun group of bloggers for a Pinterest Challenge.


Thanks Cindy of County Road 407 for hosting each Pinterest Challenge.


If you are visiting in order, then you were just at the home of my friend Julie who is full of inspiration.


Th inspiration photo for the month of May is from Brie Hammel Interiors.


Our porch is tiny with no room for sitting so I wasn't sure about joining the challenge this month,


but we do have a strip of flat concrete where our old garden bench sits.


 I decided to focus on 3 elements in the photo - the tree, the bench and the table.


The only thing I bought for the challenge was a plant because a tree would become too heavy to lift - the bucket is sitting on top of the can I use to hide our hose.


 We made a coffee table out of an orange crate (from my childhood when I lived on an orange grove property), but it was too low so it's been sitting in the shed.


We have had the bench for years - free from a neighbor.


I know it's time for patriotic colors, but I wanted to use these pillows I recently made out of an old tablecloth.


The other thing I wanted to use was my Colorku game board - I love color and balls so of course I love the look, but it's also relaxing and will be nice to play outside.


The window above the bench got a bucket full of blooms and faux greenery - yes faux because climbing on the bench to change out the greenery every other day is a pain.


I wasn't sure what Steve's reaction would be to the change, but we both are enjoying having a table.


I really love all the blue and yellow in the garden right now,


but Memorial Day arrived and I needed to see red, white and blue.


It was a quiet day here on Memorial Day.


We sat on the bench after a walk on the beach 


and the table was great for drinks while we read in the garden.


Our outdoor space is the biggest "room" in our house -


can you tell that we like to spend our days outside?


I love the yellow and blue pillows, but they shout spring and Memorial Day always feels like Opening Day for summer.


So, red, white and blue will be hanging around for quite awhile.


And now I send you off to the home of my friend Lora who is always up to something fun.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

30 comments:

  1. Good morning Carol! I am on my last week of school. I am anxious to get started on tidying up my house (almost there) and finishing off our back garden so I can be done with kicking up any dust so I can CLEAN my enclosed deck. You gave me a few ideas here but I can't do it yet until I vacuum and wash everything off from winter's fury! LOVELY and I love your orange crate table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lora, I love this patio! It looks so inviting and comfy.
    I need to step up my patio game for summer! laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely enchanitng Carol! I could spend hours here. I love the vintage touches and of course the red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most beautiful patio, Carol! I love the coffee table that you made out of the orange crate from your childhood as well as the pillows that you crafted from tablecloths. I have bunches of old tablecloths and making pillows from them would be a great way to get them out of a drawer to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol how I wish I could take a live tour of your home and the outdoor living area. I just love your creativity and style of color. So much better with color. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you love spending time outside. You decorated your porch so pretty. Perfect for relaxing in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty...such a fun yard to read in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the elements you took from Bria's inspiration photo. The DIY table is perfect there but seriously, your entire patio is adorable. Everything you do is unique and fun. Glad you could join us this month! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is precious. I love your pillows -patriotic and otherwise. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outdoor room, Carol! I'd want to spend all my time there, too. I think adding that coffee table was a beautiful and functional idea; you're going to love having a place for your glass and snack. Love all your bright flag decor, too; so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, Carol! You have created a wonderful, welcoming entryway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun an inviting patio area. Love the bench and the trash can side table is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sitting area is perfect for your home, Carol... as always. Love your cottage touches, and those DIY pillows are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol,

    You're amazing always with your home and outdoor space. Often, I don't even know what to say because I'm in awe.

    Perfect!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want a white covered chaise lounge like you have!! Could not think of anything I want more! You always inspire me! Everything is as pretty as it can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have created an enchanting oasis Carol, and no one does blue and white better than you. I still remember the first time I visited your blog and fell in love with your blue window frames. The crate coffee table is perfect with the bench and looks like it should have always been there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your patio may be small but it's mighty!! What a statement saying "come over, hang out for awhile". Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pops of blue everywhere are so beautiful, Carol! We spent Spring Break in La Jolla, CA, and it really made me wish I could live walking distance to a beach. What a dreamy life! I can see why you would spend lots of time outdoors in this lovely space. Now I need to learn about the game Colorku...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol, I LOVE what you've done with your little entryway and it blends right into the rest of your yard, which is a good size!!! It's fun how you've swapped out just a few things and poof! Memorial Day and 4th of July decor can pop in. <3

    Enjoy your "new" patio,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your space you created Carol. You have met the challenge nicely. It is great that you have this beautiful outdoor area where you can spend lots of time outside in the sunshine. Happy Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carol, those pillow covers are gorgeous and a great way to repurpose a special memory! Your porch is perfect and a lovely entrance to your relaxing outdoor room! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks so pretty Carol. You always do an awesome job decorating. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything looks great. l love your little cottage by the sea and how you decorate. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lora, I just could not take my eyes of your French blue doors and painted window! Oh how that pop of color really helps to define your pretty outdoor space. These pictures remind me of a French cottage by the sea! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Carol, Your cottage is such a breath of fresh air! You must feel like you are always on a tropical vacation. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your outdoor spaces are so summery and beautiful. I'd be hanging out there all the time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You ALWAYS have one of my favorite porches on the internet, Carol! Every detail is gorgeous and I love all the color and touches of red, white and blue. They just feel like summertime. Love your style and your talent sweet friend. It's amazing! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely porch! Beautiful and colourful...
    Have a great weekend, take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your porch is just so lovely Carol! I smile every time I see it! You are so creative and give us so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your blog! You very much remind me of my friend Debbie, who blogs at It's All About Purple.

    ReplyDelete