Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Spring Door Decor

It's time again for the monthly Pinterest Challenge hosted by Cindy of County Road 407.


I was up for this challenge because we definitely need a new look on our front door.

Photo by Tracy's Treasures found on Pinterest  

I have been using a canvas tote filled with faux flowers for ages.


I need to use faux blooms because fresh die too quickly and dried flowers wilt.


My first thought was to make a new tote from one of the many blue and white tea towels I hoard.


But, this navy and white towel is the only duplicate that I was willing to cut up and the navy clashes with the blue of our house trim.


I really wanted to use something I had on hand and I realized that the sap bucket that hangs on grandpa's old pitchfork would be perfect.


I headed out to the garden shed to see what faux blooms I had that would work for a spring arrangement.


I would have liked to have used the yellow blooms in the striped bag, but they are paper and would quickly turn to mush in the ocean air.


I found a nice variety of colorful blooms to use in the rusty bucket.


I expect a lot of my fellow bloggers on this challenge will be using more spring like blooms in pinks and purples, but those colors don't work with our bright red door.


Although a red chair didn't stop me from using pinks and purples on the porch.


So that's my take on the Pinterest Challenge for April and now it's time to see what everyone else created.




Thanks, Cindy of County Road 407 , for organizing the challenge.

29 comments:

  1. So pretty! I just always love the fun colors in your home. It's like a bit of sunshine everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are perfect with your coastal vibe. I love it. Your shed is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your basket/tin is just beautiful. Brings a smile to my face and cheerfulness to my heart. Looks like spring and it will run right into summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did yours. The flowers you chose are perfect for the colors of your door and look so cheerful! I also love how you hung it all on an angle for added interest. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower colors that you used are perfect to complement your red front door. Now that I've seen your garden shed, I want a tour of it. It looks charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always excited to see your home and the challenge item. This is so pretty and feels so much like spring. Your home is always fun and inviting. Love working with you on all of our hops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spring decorations are great. I also have my spring decorations out. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is perfect. The yellow of the bucket compliments the reds. I have a pail like that that is off white, I may try to use it like this. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a lover of color I adore your new front door decor. A truly terrific take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every space in and out of your home is like a virtual Disney World of happiness. I can't see enough of it! So cute. Thank you for joining in today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your flower choices, Carol... and they look to be good fauxs, as the look so real! Love that the 'basket' hangs on a tilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! We would love to have you link-up at Homestyle Gathering, via My Wee Abode, or course! ;-)

      Delete
  12. Looks beautiful and perfect on your red front door.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carol!

    I think the colors you chose are very spring-like and compliment your door beautifully. Thanks for joining us and sharing at Homestyle Gathering!

    >>> Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great on your red door. Always enjoy seeing your family treasures.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol! I love the bright florals in your door basket!! They look so bright and cheerful with your front door and all the flowers potted outside. Love your garden shed, too. Happy to be with you on the PC again.

    Happy spring,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need some kind of arrangement or wreath for my front door - yours is beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great, Carol! I love the colors of your door and home.They always make me smile! Your new door arrangement says, Welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning dearest Carol!!!

    This is the time to play with so many fun ideas and I LOVE your idea here. I have the same metal door planter that says, "Bonjour" and I've been using it on our blue gate with Million Bells planted in it. It works like a charm since Ruben drilled holes on the bottom of it for drainage and then I line it with black plastic. A door is tricky for fresh flowers, but you always find a solution!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! I’m always looking for something to put on my front door. Generally, I fail. I may try the canvas bag trick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute. I need to get something on my front door! Sigh.....Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carol, I just love what you did with your challenge. What a fun little party. Your colors are so perfect with your door..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bright red and blue door and trim is a great backdrop for any type of floral display. I love all your blue and white dish towels too can’t have too many of those.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That container was just perfect for this challenge, Carol! I love to see all the different varieties everyone comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carol it is all just so very beautiful I don't even know where to start! I love all the photos with so many beautiful blooms and treasures. Your bucket filled with bright flowers is just gorgeous! I am looking forward to "visiting" your home throughout the rest spring and summer!

    So happy to join you for this challenge. Enjoy your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely post! Full of flowers and inspiration...
    Have a great weekend, take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete