Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chipped To Perfection



Last week was beyond exhausting.

I had only 1 night at home the entire week 

and

I had a weekend conference in Los Angeles.

When I got home yesterday, all I wanted to do was sit on the sofa and read.

When I got up this morning, all I wanted to do was be outside enjoying the spectacular day.

After a walk on the beach, a casual paddle out to the ocean, and a relaxing lunch in the garden, I decided there was time for another favorite pastime - shopping.

I have been looking for a cabinet for the hallway.


As much as I love the red bench, it serves no purpose.

With no time for shopping, I was looking on-line and found a few possibilities at unfinished furniture stores.

I checked my local unfinished store, but they weren't open today.

I have been craving a stroll through my favorite local shop, American Home & Garden.

 I decided that it was worth a look.


Tucked in a corner was this little chippy cabinet.

The color isn't right for my palette, but that can be fixed.


In addition, I found a wire basket and a key on a ring and still came in under budget.


The red bench is gone and in its place is my new chippy cabinet.


It is amazing that the color of the cabinet actually changed when placed in the hallway.


With my favorite Bleecker Street door painting hanging above, it takes on the blues of the door.


I'm in the process of putting up my Halloween mantel so all of my number items were available.




Now, I have time to decide just what will be stored in the cabinet.

Fall break is less than 3 weeks away.  

That will give me time to live with the cabinet and decide if I want to paint it or leave it as it is.

I'm not sure how I got so lucky to find just what I was looking for.

But, after the week I had, I deserve it.

....................................


Common Ground - Vintage Inspiration

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cabinet you found and it looks perfect under your painting. Perfect size and everything!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you were to find that cabinet because it looks great beneath the painting. I like the color as it is but I am sure it would look nice if you paint it to your taste. I really like the key and ring, too.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinet and the picture of the chippy door are a perfect match! The balls look great in the jar as well. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found a reward for your hectic week. As you say the cabinet goes so well with the chippy door. Hope this is week is more restful.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cabinet has the perfect chippy blue...looks wonderful there...love all your numbers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's like it was meant to be. It looks perfect where you have it. What a score!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. the color is amazing. LOVE that wonderful patina, looks perfect in your entry. thanks so much for linking up with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that you shared with Share Your Cup. When you said that you were going to change the color of the cabinet my heart sank. I loved it in all of it's chippiness glory. So happy that it worked. It's just perfect the way it is. Love all of your numbered items. Such a fun idea!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy I love that cabinet, and so glad that you left the color and that it worked. The patina is wonderful and looks just perfect there. I sure do love all your pool balls, great colorful display. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope you get to use it as is! AMazing! It looks perfect for you where it is! Such a nice comment you left on my fall post! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww sweet Carol~so glad I stumbled upon your blog post...I always miss you at the store. That cabinet looks so amazing in your home~meant to be after a long hard work week...such a nice reward!!! Thank you for always giving American Home & Garden a PLUG! xoxokathee

    ReplyDelete
  12. your cabinet is gorgeous and I have a thing for rusty keys...lovely to read your blog!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness... please leave that gorgeous chippy cabinet just as it is! What a find!!!! I would love this great little piece in my home! Wonderful eye for fabulous finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful cabinet and what a delightful shop! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You definitely deserve it Carol and I love it just as it is, in all it's chippy shabby gorgeousness - it looks like it was made for the hallway !

    ReplyDelete