Saturday, May 26, 2012

Simple Red, White & Blue Table

May has been a crazy month -

volleyball tournaments,

a quick day trip to San Francisco, and

a long weekend at a conference in Dallas, Texas.

But, this weekend is mine.

All mine!

We have nothing planned this weekend other than the annual Brunswick Lane Memorial Day Street Party.

After a stroll through Farmer's Market, I had several hours to myself while Steve was playing tennis.

I was doing laundry and cleaning up the workbench in the garage and came across a blue bucket and some flags.

I thought I might use the bucket and flags to create a Memorial Day table for dinner.


I remembered some napkins  I bought at Target on sale last summer and never used.

When I looked for the napkins, I found the red checkered tablecloth.

We don't use the big red plates, a T J Maxx find, very often because we try to do "small" plates so we eat less.

I set out the plates and couldn't settle on a way to fold the napkins.

I finally decided to make a pocket, which I have never done.


My original plan was to create a centerpiece with the flags in the blue bucket, but it was just too plain.

These blue bottles were sitting on the window sill so I grabbed them and put them on the table.

A search through the garden provided red, white and blue flowers.


I remembered that I had some flags in my workspace that I bought last summer and never used.


I added a flag to each blue bottle.




Steve likes simple table settings-

 he wants the presentation of his gourmet meal to be the highlight at the table.


I still had the flags, so I added them to a sand and shell filled glass and placed it on the windowsill.


My last detail was to change my Scrabble tiles


to honor KC's birthday.


The table was done and waiting for dinner.


Steve came home in a great mood from tennis (he won) and we drove to Agoura.

I bought some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for my next project.

Maybe I will paint tomorrow.

Maybe I won't.

It's my weekend and I can do whatever I want!

.....................................................

I am linked up at

My Romantic Home
Show and Tell Friday

and

No Minimalist Here
Open House.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely blog you seem to have so many "days" over there.....your table is lovely but most of all and idea I am going to pinch if I can find a wooden set like that is the scrabble letters. I am a scrabble fan and play online with my geographically challenged friends.....and my board game is sadly plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your sweet Table for the Memorial Day.. Your napkins look great with the pocket this was a great Idea... and the Blue Bottles as a centerpiece with your Spring flowers are so sweet!!
    I also love your yellow walls in your home. If you ever come to Houston, Texas. let me know we can have lunch together Ok. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute! I love it! Love that cow print/painting?

    LOL! I try to use small plates too. I also use the dessert fork and knife most of the time.

    I'll be interested to know what you think of the AS paint. I bought some white and wasn't too happy with it (although everyone in blog land seems to just love AS so it must just be me) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anil Marble & Granite Exports is today a well known stone prodcucing plant as well as stone producing unit for this Rainbow /Teak Sandstone Tiles, Slabs, Floor Tiles, Wall Tiles, Flooring, Blocks, Sandstone Tiles, Paving tiles.

    marble exporters in india

    ReplyDelete