Monday, February 20, 2012

An Inspiring Swap

Last week I signed up to participate in the

Desire to Inspire (inspired) “Inspiration Deck” Swap

I spent last weekend and part of this weekend working on my cards.

Doing "artsy" activities is my therapy and with Steve's studio just one step down from my workspace, it gives us time together.


He finished a commission and began another commission while I made a huge mess creating little cards.

The goal was to create 53 cards using a deck of cards.  

Jessica at In Search of Dessert is collecting all the cards and will create new sets of 52 inspiration cards to send back to all the participants.  

The fifty-third card is to create a set to send off to Christine Mason Miller who inspired the swap after Jessica read Christine's book
 Desire to Inspire.

Here are my 53 cards - it looks like a quilt.


I am a big fan of quotes.

I have my students select a quote to follow each year and they adorn my classroom.

This was a challenge because I have my old standbys, but I needed 53 quotes and had to branch out.

I went to my Pinterest board Speakin' Your Mind for ideas.

 I found my last two quotes last night on a friend's facebook post.




Here are a few of my favorite cards.


 I'm not sure that I follow this, but I know that I need to challenge myself.


I am a planner and am constantly tweaking those plans.


I love to look back at my life and reflect on the wonderful people who have been of major importance and also those people who drifted into my life briefly, but made an impact.


I have a friend whose life is not going right at the moment.

Maybe she needs to just go left!


I truly believe that everyone has their special something, but many are too busy trying to fit into a mold created by others.


I like this quote to remind us that we need to appreciate ourselves and not assume that everyone else has it perfect.


I can totally identify with this quote.

I know I am at awesome at some things, but fault myself for so many other things.

My cards are done.

I will mail them tomorrow.

And then I will wait to see what the other participants created.

The cards aren't due until March 1 so it will be a couple of weeks, but it will be fun to see what arrives to replace my little cards.

1 comment:

  1. Love the teabag quote, I heard a great quote the other day, I think we love the ones that are apt to where we are in life at the time we read them, the one that I am living by just now is " if you want to know where your heart belongs, follow your mind when it wanders" :-)

    ReplyDelete